diyquarters.com Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

cat urine smell in subfloor

Post new topic   Reply to topic    diyquarters.com Forum Index -> Building Construction
Axtman

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 11:24 pm    Post subject: cat urine smell in subfloor Reply with quote

How do I remove caty urine smell from plywood subfloor? My thought is to
douse it with Nature's Miracle then paint it with Kilz.

I really do not want to remove the plywood.

Thanks,
David

Archived from group: alt>building>construction
marson

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 6:19 pm    Post subject: Re: cat urine smell in subfloor Reply with quote

On Oct 20, 9:24 pm, "Axtman" wrote:
> How do I remove caty urine smell from plywood subfloor? My thought is to
> douse it with Nature's Miracle then paint it with Kilz.
>
> I really do not want to remove the plywood.
>
> Thanks,
> David

How much urine? I recently was involved in the rehab of a "cat
house". In areas where the wood was not actually soaked with urine,
we washed with a strong bleach solution and then BIN primer sealer.
This seemed to work pretty well. In some places, the floor was
actually soaked with urine, so we removed and replaced the wood. I'm
not familiar with "nature's miracle", but your plan sounds like it
should work.
tonyg

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 10:14 pm    Post subject: Re: cat urine smell in subfloor Reply with quote

Axtman wrote:
> How do I remove caty urine smell from plywood subfloor? My thought is to
> douse it with Nature's Miracle then paint it with Kilz.
>
> I really do not want to remove the plywood.
>
> Thanks,
> David
>
>
I believe that will work fine. tonyg